This is a loooong post, but hey, Caleb only turns 1 once! His birthday was on Friday the 3rd, and as a family of 3 we decided to start an annual birthday dinner tradition. So we headed to Double Dave's for some yummy pizza. Caleb told me that was where he wanted to go :)
Here's my happy boy after some dinner. 
And now time for his bedtime snack...notice the belly propped up on the box
Some post-bedtime playing. I guess if you can't stay up late on your birthday, then it's no birthday at all!
The next morning we headed over to Mimi and Pappi's for a family birthday party!
Caleb knew exactly what to do with those presents...



My first attempt at making my child's birthday cake - notice, I said 1st attempt! It's harder than I thought to write on a cake, but I was so determined that I wanted to make my son's birthday cake. To me, that is being a mom...making your child's birthday cake. Maybe that's because my amazing mom always made mine!
Caleb, unfortunately, didn't want much to do with his cake. He doesn't really like slimy things (won't eat pieces of banana, avocado, apple etc for that same reason!)
So....Gramps decided to see if he could get Caleb to warm up to the cake. Caleb did eat a couple of bites from a spoon...and then his foot found the cake...
....that's when things finally got a little messy!



Auntie Jan drove in all the way from Austin for his party - we love you
I love this picture
It was a great 1st birthday! Thank you for all the great gifts and most of all for sharing this special day with us. We love you all.
(and I'll try to post more pictures soon once I get the best pics from my dad....sorry, mom, I don't have any pictures of you and caleb! )
1 comment:
Yay for his 1st b-day! You did a great job on the cake!
Post a Comment