Sunday, October 18, 2009
Good News
We saw the orthopedic surgeon yesterday morning and got some great news. Not only do I not need surgery, but I also don't need a cast! The tip of my ankle bone broke off when the ligaments pulled so hard, but the bone is still sitting in place. So I just have to wear the brace for the next 3-4 weeks, and then another splint for a while, which will keep my ankle from turning to the side. I can start trying to put a little weight on that foot and eventually walk w/the boot w/o the crutches. This means such a faster recovery time and hopefully no atrophy of the muscles etc from lack of use of my leg. It would have been hard to rehab the leg while in my 3rd trimester of this pregnancy! I'll still be staying w/my parents for several more weeks and will still need help w/Caleb etc, but this news is such a huge relief. We appreciate all of the offers for help, and will be sure to let you all know as needs arise. Thank you for the prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YEAH!! An answered prayer!!
Oh yay!!!! THank goodness. I have been SO worried about this situation. Thank goodness it is going to be faster. Love ya!
Thanks for updating us with this huge praise, L. I pray that this time passes very quickly!
Laura, I am so sorry that you have all that stress, but I am so glad that you don't need a caste! We are praying for you, and hoping that the rest of the pregnancy goes as well as can be.
Glad things are working out! I was just reading through your blog, and your story of how you told Mark you were pregnant...and I thought "Rose" what a perfect name for your little girl! Then she has a fun story, and is named after her mommy! =0)
Post a Comment