Friday, October 16, 2009

My life is never boring!

Well, this is the best way to update lots of people at one time, so here it goes:
I (Laura) fell and broke my ankle on Tuesday! I was at my best friend Tanna's house and was chasing Caleb as he tried to run out the garage. It's all kind of a blur, but I stepped wrong on the little 2 inch step where the garage meets the driveway. My ankle rolled to the side and I heard and felt it snap. Nasty. I've always heard people talk about how painful that is and such a crazy sound, but I never had any idea what it was really like. Now I do! But I am so glad that I was with Tanna. She was awesome and got me to the ER with our poor, scared, screaming babies! Then she took care of Caleb while I was in the ER.

Anyhow, b/c of the swelling, they could only splint it at the time. I go to see an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow to find out if I need surgery or just a cast.
The craziest part is that it was my right ankle so I can't drive, can't take care of Caleb by myself, and can't live at my own house b/c all the bedrooms and showers are upstairs! I am so thankful to have family close by. Caleb and I are staying at my parents' house indefinitely, and I guess Marc and I will see eachother on the weekends :(

Anyways, I'll keep the blog updated as we know more about surgery etc. We would appreciate the prayers. Later that night after I broke my ankle I started worrying about all of the things that I wouldn't be able to do, and I couldn't see how they were all going to work out. But I just started praying and asking the Lord to work them out, and it has been exciting to see all of the ways He is taking care of us in this and providing for our needs. And we know He will continue to do so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) I still can't believe it! What a day that was. I was glad I was there to help you though! Call me if you want company in the next few weeks!

Lesley said...

totally understand the anxiety of wondering how things will get done though...been there for about the past 4 weeks. So glad you have family close by to take care of you and now your close to me!!
Love you!

Tara said...

L, that is just too crazy. I am so sorry to hear about the terrible timing of this injury. (although i guess there's never a good time to break one's ankle!) Am praying that the Lord will bring quick healing and help you get the rest you need.