Here are some of my Conversations With Caleb: (warning, the last one may be a little crass to some people, but hopefully the humor will outweigh the rest)
- Marc took his preaching classes over the summer and Caleb got to watch him practice. A few weeks ago I left my Bible sitting on the couch and got up to do something. Caleb went over to my Bible and started turning the pages and this is what I hear:
C: "Sermon, sermon, sermon. Direction our life. Sermon, sermon, sermon"
L: "Are you preaching a sermon about the direction of our lives?"
C: "YEAH! Sermon, sermon, sermon..."
- Caleb has started to tell us stories. The other night at the dinner table this is what we got:
C: "God pushed daddy. God pushed daddy and daddy fell on ground. Daddy fell down."
(where he got this, we don't know!)
- Caleb has a stuffed monkey that he always sleeps with. The other day while putting him down for a nap, he lifted up his shirt and started trying to "feed" his monkey. He even burped monkey after and exclaimed "oh, that was good burp monkey!"
- We've been introducing Caleb to potty training and decided to use the anatomically correct terms. So, he's really fascinated by it all and these are the conversations we get:
C: "Mommy, that's my tuna!"
L: "No, Caleb, that's your penis"
a few days later....
C: "Mommy, you no have your penis?"
L: "No, Caleb, I do not have a penis."
and the next day...
C: "Mommy, you no have your penis?"
L "No, Caleb I don't have one"
C: "Mommy, go store buy penis!"
2 comments:
Really, what kind of stores are you shopping at Laura? Ha, Ha...so funny.
The pictures are great, Karis is so beautiful, and I can't believe Caleb is already big enough to have conversations with. Amazing!
I love this post!! Can't believe how big our little "baby carrots" is getting!! She will be twirling around the living room in no time...and great pics of her beautiful blue eyes....Laura she looks JUST.LIKE.YOU. Beautiful!
Caleb cracks me up....his speech has just taken off. And he's the sweetest little boy....oh so sweet!
Post a Comment