Saturday, August 21, 2010

Karis is almost 6 1/2 mos old already! She has grown and changed so much over the past month. I don't know how much she weighs, but we'll find out at her check-up in a few days. I'm guessing she's about 15.5 lbs or so. She's sitting up really well and even started scooting on the floor today. Not exactly a crawl yet, but she's getting really close.

Look at those long, beautiful eyelashes - she and Caleb both get those from their daddy.
She also gets those big round eyes from her daddy - love those big blue eyes!

She is so funny when she gets excited - looks like she's about to take off

Karis has been sleeping better over the last 2 weeks, thank goodness. We've had a few rough nights, like the one a few nights ago when I was up with her for 2.5 hours in the middle on the night, and then once I finally got her down, Caleb woke up at 5:30am - so I only got 3 hours of sleep that night! That was brutal. But last night she slept for 9 hours straight - that was glorious. Now that she can roll over, she obviously prefers to sleep on her tummy and has been sleeping longer this way.
The Bumbo is such a great invention...
This is from the 4th of July, but it's one of the few good pics I have of me and her
Karis thinks her brother hung the moon. She laughs harder and more often for him than anyone else.
Such a good pic of Karis and her Mimi
She's getting so long!
Sleeping in the Beco at a baseball game

She is constantly chewing on her fingers or anything else she can get her hands on. We should have a tooth pretty soon.
I love this picture and her beautiful blue eyes!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that little miss has been sleeping better. I will call you soon, its been crazy! Love all the new pictures!

Whittney said...

I love her! Such pretty eyes. You look great too. :)

Lesley said...

she is precious!! her eyes look like lexi's...cept we are not sure where her blue eyes came from!

Mandi said...

Oh, friend. I need to call you back so we can catch up. You all look absolutely wonderful, and I love hearing about all the ways you love (and like) your family!

Lindsay said...

Ohhh, she is beautiful! They both are!! And I laughed SO hard at the post below!! Aren't they the funniest little people! Love them more than life! :)
~Lindsay