
The last time I blogged was about 2 months ago, and I was in the process of sleep training with Karis. I am so excited to be able to report that she is sleeping great! She goes down for the night about 6:30pm, wakes up once to nurse, and sleeps until about 6:30am. She takes a good morning and afternoon nap every day. Each time I lay her down, night or nap, she either doesn't cry at all or only for a few minutes. It's made such a huge difference to me, because I actually have some time to myself or with Marc in the evenings, and sometimes even dinner with a friend. Since I last blogged, Karis started crawling, got 2 teeth, and is pulling up and standing. She's still not fond of the bottle and refuses pureed solids, whether jarred or something I made. But over the past few weeks I have discovered that she loves finger foods. So she eats puffs, banana chunks, avocado pieces, and softened apple chunks. I need to come up with some new options, but am so thankful she's finally eating some solids.
She continues to be such a happy, easy-going, sweet baby girl. She loves bath time and especially loves playing with her big brother. Karis is also babbling more and saying "mama" and "dada", although I don't think she assigns the meaning to either of us yet....but I kind of think her first words will be "mama" ;) The other day I was walking away from her to do something in the kitchen and she started crawling after me fussing and saying "mamamama".

She has the longest tongue (like me!) and is constantly sticking it out - too funny.

We have been enjoying this beautiful weather by going to the park almost every day. Karis loves being outside, though I have to constantly try to keep her from eating the grass :)


She is into everything, crawling and exploring like mad

Her 2 little teeth - though they're much bigger than this now

Attempting to climb the stairs!

Yes, these are the looks I get when trying to feed her solids

Cracks me up every time!

And these last 4 are my favorites - in her adorable outfit from Aunt Janice - thank you! She started out sitting up in the cart, but decided to get much more comfortable by the end...



1 comment:
I'm so glad everything worked out with the sleeping, and you are getting to have more relaxing nap-times! I love the pic with her feet up in the grocery cart. She has such a contagious smile.
Post a Comment