This is Caleb's special trip to get frozen yogurt for going poo on the potty. Before you get too excited - it has never happened again. He has pooped on the carpet, as well as in the bath tub, but not in the potty again. (yes, so gross) He absolutely refuses to go on the potty again, but I'm hoping that he'll change his mind sometime soon.
The past month has been so much fun with Caleb. He has entered a new phase and just seems like such a big boy. His vocabulary is pretty amazing, and he got a very special compliment at church. His teacher says he has excellent manners. He is so sweet and is constantly telling me thank you for every little thing. He opens the gate for me at the top of the stairs and says "mommy, is it good gentleman to open doors for people?", and I say, "yes, it is!"
We repeat this scenario every morning! Love it.
Caleb is also clearly getting older, as the daily meltdowns/fits are almost non-existent for the past month. And when I tell him to go to time out, he just goes instead of hitting me or running away or pitching a huge fit. It's so much easier and less exhausting, that's for sure. He has also had a huge growth spurt and is now in all 3T clothes and weighs about 34 lbs.
We have some pretty funny conversations with Caleb. Every night we pray with him, and he lists all the people he wants to pray for, which always includes many people. He also asks us to pray that he won't be scared of dinosaurs or lions (though I think it's now a habit and he is not scared of dinosaurs or lions at night - he's been doing a great job of falling asleep by himself lately). Well, the other night Marc was very tired and when he was praying with Caleb he prayed that Caleb would not be scared of dinosaurs or lions or grapes. The grapes part was one of those complete exhaustion/you have no idea where that came from kind of thing. But Caleb thought that was hilarious and just started laughing hysterically. He said "Daddy, did you just pray that I won't be scared of grapes?!" Hahahahaha. He still asks Marc to pray that he won't be scared of grapes and then laughs at his joke!
She also said her first word, which I am particularly excited about since it was "momma"! Sometimes she'll say it if I ask her to, but usually she says it when I walk away from her and she follows me and clearly says "momma". She also said "dada" that same day when I asked her to. It is the sweetest thing to watch her get excited when her daddy gets home from work. She is also waving hi and bye to people - such a sweetie.
1 comment:
Laura, your kids are just too cute!
Seeing that blanket your mom made reminded me of when we were in elementary school and your mom helped us make quilts for our dolls. Do you remember that? I think of it every time I get the urge to make a quilt now.
Post a Comment