Thursday, February 10, 2011

Caleb These Days

He has such a sweet smile, but it's so hard to get a picture of his real smile! Usually we get something like what you see below! Update on Caleb....I often jokingly tell him he's a nut. He has entered this hyper phase of unending energy. We try to run it out of him, but these crazy cold days have made that harder. I am so eager for spring.

Caleb is constantly cracking us up w/the things he says. As he gets older, it's so much fun to watch him playing. Today as he was heading upstairs for a nap, he asked if he could bring his stuffed Handy Manny to bed with him. I told him sure, so he turned to Manny and said "Hey Manny, you wanna take a nap with me?" Then, speaking for Manny: "Yeah, that would be COOL!"

Caleb was so happy to have Marc home almost all of last week due to the weather. So it was much harder for him when his daddy had to go back to work on Monday. When he woke up that morning, he went to his window to check and see if Marc's truck was gone. It was, and Caleb went to sit in his rocking chair by the window and said "Mommy, I'm sad. I don't like it when daddy goes to school and then work. I'm going to sit in the rocking chair until he gets home."
Me: "You're going to sit there all day?"
Caleb: "Yep"
He sat there for a few minutes and then decided it would be more fun to play. I am still just so impressed with his verbal skills.

Caleb and Marc going to play in the snow. Like the grocery bags around his shoes?! Brings back fond memories of my childhood.


See what I mean about the silly smile?! Love this sweet boy of mine!

No comments: