Saturday, April 12, 2008

It's A Boy!!!



Caleb Daniel Rose is here! He was born at 11:15pm Thursday April 3rd. It was one crazy day. I went into true labor late morning that Thursday and was at the hospital by 5:30 that evening. I had planned and hoped to have this baby naturally, but I ended up having an emergency C-section. The cord was wrapped around his neck and his heart rate dropped and wouldn't come back up to a safe level. I'm just so thankful that he's here and healthy!

At birth Caleb weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. He's perfect and beautiful, and we're all doing really well - just recovering at home and enjoying the time together.

9 comments:

Tara said...

Oooh! I have been checking everyday for pictures, and as soon as I saw the blog had been updated I screamed out loud, "YES!" Congratulations Laura and Marc, he is one precious little boy. Thanks for posting pics so quickly so that I could see him; I especially love the one of Laura holding him with that sweet new mama glow on her face! May Caleb grow to be a mighty champion for the Lord Jesus! Lots of love from around the world...Tara, Steven, & Adaya

dhixson said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you! He is precious!
I am so glad that we have been able to reconnect with you guys! You have to love the internet!
Doug, Dana, Benjamin and Adyson

Mandi said...

Congratulations to both of you! Caleb is stunning, and already looks at home in both your arms. ;0)

Anonymous said...

Laura!!!!!!!!!!! He is precious and I love the pics. Congratulations, Marc! So proud for both of you. God Bless your little family of THREE! Laura, email with details when you get a chance!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!! I love the new pictures, I cant wait to hold him again in a few weeks! I love the first picture...thats very cute! Thanks for listening last night too, you always make me feel better! I love you guys!

Whittney said...

He looks just like Marc! So precious.

Alyssa said...

Beautiful! I'm so excited for you! I'm glad he arrived safely and you are all doing well. Very glad to see pictures!

Brittany said...

Great pictures!! I love the one with his eyes open!! Can't wait to hold him again!

Anonymous said...

Laura,
He is beautiful. And i love the name. SO happy for you. You guys are gonna be such good parents. Whenever you question what to do just think of what God would do for us. Love you... thank you for your wonderful heart. He is seriously so cute! :)

-Abby