Sometimes I forget that Caleb isn't 2 just yet - he definitely seems older than he is in several ways. He turned 23 months old on Wednesday. But he is talking more than most 2 yr olds I know, and he's definitely been throwing the 2 yr old tantrums lately :) He is such a sweet boy and has been a big helper to me in many ways. He likes to help give Karis her pacifier, throw away her diaper, clean up his messes and many other things. It's also been a big challenge to have 2 kids under 2. We wake up in the morning and all 3 of us are hungry, both of them need their diaper changed, and both are crying b/c I can't do it all fast enough! I'll definitely be glad when Karis is old enough to get her on a schedule and I can stagger things a bit so that it's not so chaotic. Anyways, we've been loving this weather and have gone to the park to feed the ducks several times in the last week. Caleb loves the new stroller we got. It's a sit-n-stand, but the lightest one I could find (only 20 lbs when most are 40!) and it's more compact than the others. I love it! Thanks mom and dad, grandma and grandpa, and Kevin and Missy for the great gift!
Friday, March 5, 2010
They're growing so fast
Sometimes I forget that Caleb isn't 2 just yet - he definitely seems older than he is in several ways. He turned 23 months old on Wednesday. But he is talking more than most 2 yr olds I know, and he's definitely been throwing the 2 yr old tantrums lately :) He is such a sweet boy and has been a big helper to me in many ways. He likes to help give Karis her pacifier, throw away her diaper, clean up his messes and many other things. It's also been a big challenge to have 2 kids under 2. We wake up in the morning and all 3 of us are hungry, both of them need their diaper changed, and both are crying b/c I can't do it all fast enough! I'll definitely be glad when Karis is old enough to get her on a schedule and I can stagger things a bit so that it's not so chaotic. Anyways, we've been loving this weather and have gone to the park to feed the ducks several times in the last week. Caleb loves the new stroller we got. It's a sit-n-stand, but the lightest one I could find (only 20 lbs when most are 40!) and it's more compact than the others. I love it! Thanks mom and dad, grandma and grandpa, and Kevin and Missy for the great gift!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ah Laura she is beautiful!! I know Emily is hating to miss out on all the "newness" of having her around!
Laura, your family is just so great! Karis is just beautiful. I love all of the pictures. (And am a little jealous of your recent good weather!)
My best advice for surviving 2 under 2 (I've done 2 under 2, 3 under 3, and am about to embark on 4 under 4) is to prepare as much as possible the night before. Clothes laid out, diapers ready to go, sippy cups for Caleb made and in the refrigerator, etc. I even prepare breakfast ahead of time and have it plated and covered in the fridge so that I can just pull it out and nobody has to really wait. I find that getting those morning things done right away makes a HUGE difference in the way the rest of the day goes.
Laura she is SOOO beautiful and though I hardly get on the computer, I am glad I finally got on here to see her beautiful pictures!
I feel your pain having 3 under 2 and the chaos of trying to handle things when EVERYONE needs something/someone all at the same time. It could be worse, you could have twins and a 2 yr old like me. LOL. Thats what I do...I think, Well I could have triplets...
I hope to be able to check in again soon and see some more pics of your wonderful family of 4!
Post a Comment