Saturday, June 26, 2010

Karis Update

I love this picture of Karis! She's such a happy girl, and one of the best things about these few pics is that she's wearing an outfit my sister, Emily, wore as a baby. I just think that's really special. Karis looks so comfy in her Mimi's arms - completely stretched out - sound asleep.
She's 4 1/2 months old now, but just had her 4 month Dr. visit. Karis weighs in at 13lbs 9 oz, which is the 50th percentile for baby girls her age. It's funny b/c strangers stop me and talk about how they "just love those fat babies", but Caleb definitely had at least 2 lbs on her at this age. Anyway, she's doing great, sleeping pretty well and still fairly laid back. She's just such a smiley girl, which always makes my day when she looks at me and gives me that big, cute grin. The only quirk we're dealing with is that she won't take a bottle lately. Usually Marc could get her to take it, but last night she wouldn't even take it from him. It just makes it hard for me to get away for more than 2-3 hrs, but if that's all we have to deal with, then I'll take it. We are so thankful for this sweet girl. She is such a blessing and adds so much joy to our lives.

I think this is such a sweet picture of Karis and her Grammy.

She sucks her thumb sometimes - I think it's really cute.
Karis is trying to roll over from her back to her tummy, but she's not quite there yet. She's funny - definitely laid back. She tries a few times, and then decides to play with something instead.


I'll work on posting pictures more often. I know Karis' aunts would especially appreciate it! But I can't make any promises :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

She is so beautiful!

Gerald and Wendy said...

Precious!! Still praying for you guys. I'm not sure which bottles you are using, but Jake started out on the Dr. Browns and took them like a champ. Around 3 months he went on bottle strike. He started taking them again when we switched to the Breastflow bottles. I'm still nursing, but he gets a bottle now and again. Hope this maybe helps.