I got so many positive comments after I posted about my RA a few months ago. And so many people have asked me about it since, so I know this update is long overdue.
After I posted about the RA a few months ago, it just kept getting worse. I went to see my rheumatologist but just did not have peace about getting on the meds yet. I wanted to try something else first, but I just didn't know what. One day Marc was at the seminary and ran into an old friend. He was updating him on our lives, including my RA. A girl sitting nearby starting telling him that her mother has RA and she has lots of stomach issues, and that they both did a diet and had tremendous results. The diet is called The Maker's Diet. Funny, several years ago I had purchased the book for $3 at Half Price Books just out of curiosity, but had never even opened it.
So I began to read the book and really just pray about whether or not this was what the Lord wanted me to do. And I absolutely had peace that it was. So I have been on this "diet" - really just an incredibly healthy lifestyle - for about 6 weeks and have had some really amazing relief from the rheumatoid. It has been just absolutely amazing to me to see how the Lord is using it to heal me. I am so incredibly thankful for all that He is doing through this new way of eating. He is using it to bring out a lot of things in my heart that need to be dealt with as well.
Lots of people ask what the diet is all about. Basically, I eat nothing processed, organic fruits and vegetables, grass fed beef with no hormones or antibiotics, free-range chicken/eggs, sprouted grains (Ezekiel bread), nuts, raw honey etc. The author's theory is that all of the pesticides, hormones, antibiotics etc that we put into our bodies is one of the main reasons we have so many diseases now compared to 100 yrs ago. And after seeing how much it has affected my health, I am a believer. It has opened up a completely new way of life for me, and it's so exciting. Some days I feel like I would kill for a Dr. Pepper or Chick fil A, but then I remember how much better I am starting to feel and that I don't need RA meds at this point, and it keeps me going. Besides, most of the food tastes so much better than what I was eating before. And as an extra bonus, I have lost 13 lbs so far!
The Lord is so faithful. I don't know if I will ever be completely free of RA, but I am continuing to feel better as I follow this diet. It is an amazing thing to see that He is my healer.
2 comments:
Love all the new pics and love that we had dinner!!! I needed it so badly...must do it again soon. Love you girl
That is so awesome Laura. We too try to stay away from processed foods, but I'm not nearly faithful enough. I don't know why, because I do feel so much better when I am eating better. What an encouragement to hear how much it has helped you. I am so glad you are not having to deal with the pain as much. I hear you about the Dr. Pepper, I feel the same way about Mt. Dew. :)
Post a Comment