Thursday, February 10, 2011

My big girl

Really? My sweet girl turns 1 tomorrow?! It's crazy to me that a year has already gone by. Karis is pretty funny these days. She's still all about her tongue...And she's walking while pushing a toy walker! Today she stood by herself for a couple of seconds, so I know it's not too much longer before I am really chasing her around. I think she's going to be quite a talker - she is constantly babbling. We've heard from lots of people that 2nd children tend to talk later and less, esp if their older sibling is very verbal. Caleb is definitely very verbal, but he didn't babble like this so young. I think in our case, Karis just wants to be like her big brother and will probably be quite the talker, too.

Karis has 7 teeth and has a very healthy appetite! But she still wants to do it all by herself, so she mostly only eats finger foods. My attempt with yogurt ended in a battle of wills, and I finally decided to let her win this one this time :) (see picture below!)

Anyhow, our sweet girl is growing up so fast, and if I think about it too long, it makes me a little sad. But it's also exciting to see grow and watch that personality developing. One of my nicknames for her is "feisty girl." She is just very feisty when she does or does not want something, and is getting the opposite, and she's very determined to do things on her own. As I was telling my parents that I realized this about her, they lovingly laughed and told me I was the same way!
So, that long tongue isn't the only thing she gets from her momma!


Thank you for the shirt, Auntie Jan!

She wanted to hold the spoon and the bowl, dip the spoon in the bowl, and feed herself. I finally relented, though I don't think she actually got any yogurt in her mouth! :)
Love this sweet, feisty girl of mine!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

oh precious Laura!! So many things you said I can soo relate to. I LOVE having my little girl as my second
( and likely last) baby! She is precious!! She looks like Caleb but still her own person! LOVE the pic of you two!

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Karis! I love that picture with you and Karis together, you look wonderful!!