So I had another Dr. visit and sono today and many are asking what she said. The sono is showing that the amniotic fluid levels don't appear to have increased over the past week, which is a good thing. Karis looks great and healthy - her heartbeat and movement are all really good.
The part that concerns the Dr. is just how much I have been contracting and cramping over the last week, yet I'm not really dilating at all, plus Karis is still up really high. She hasn't dropped down at all. Dr. said that if the contractions and cramping continue over this coming week and there's still no change w/her position or my cervix, then we will go ahead and schedule a c-section. My Dr. explains that the concern that is that all those contractions are meant to dilate the cervix, but if that's not happening then instead it's stretching and affecting the uterus, which is not a good thing.
It's funny how I really just don't care this time how this kid comes out - I just want a healthy baby girl, preferrably soon! I'm 36 weeks today but measuring at 40 weeks or more, so I'm ridiculously uncomfortable. So we just might be having a baby in a week or so. I'll keep you updated.
2 comments:
thanks for updating us, L! i know you are so ready to be done and hold that baby girl in your arms, and it looks like it won't be long now! hang in there, dear friend!
Yay for updating, I thought about you alot over the last couple of days wondering what your status was. You just make the call and I'm in the car to the hospital! Can't wait!
Post a Comment