I've promised quite a few people for an update after my visit with the OB today. So, here goes - the sonogram showed that I have a condition called polyhydramnios, which basically means there is too much amniotic fluid. Right now I am 35 weeks pregnant, but I measure at 39-40 weeks. No wonder I am so stinkin' uncomfortable and look like I'm about to pop. My OB is also watching my blood pressure, which is a bit elevated, and her theory is that even though I passed my glucose screen, I probably have a touch of gestational diabetes as well as possible thyroid issues. Sheesh, what has not been an issue this pregnancy?! But everything right now looks ok. The sonogram showed that baby girl is healthy and they estimate the weight at about 6lbs so far (which we all know how accurate those are right!)
For now my OB wants to keep monitoring the fluid level, so I go back for another sono next Thursday, and if the level has gone up, then we'll reevaluate. Either way, she said this baby will probably be a bit early, but the goal is definitely to make it to at least 37 weeks, which I cannot believe is only 2 weeks away! It's hard to imagine that I could have a sweet baby girl in my arms just 2 weeks from now.
I guess now is as good a time as any to share the name. Marc and I have decided to name her Karis Kathreen Rose. Karis rhymes with Paris, in case you were wondering how to pronounce it. It is Greek and means grace and can also mean beauty and kindness. Kathreen is a family name. It has been passed down as the middle name through at least 6 generation of women on Marc's mom's side. We are so excited to meet this sweet girl, and I promise to do better at posting updates and pictures! I know several of you will set me straight if I don't :)
4 comments:
Darn that fluid! I'm so sorry your last weeks are filled with unexpected bumps. Please keep me posted! LOVE YOU!
Looking forward to Karis; curls as black as coal, skin so fair, and a smile to capture the room...but that's just my guess :)
I read this the day you posted it but for some reason it would not let me comment. At least you ahve some answers--even if they are to fu ones.Did you read the APA article on poly? Some helpful things in there--some to ignore since you are so far along and things otherwise are fine. Praying for you as you navigate through this..what is it with these second pregnancies?
Post a Comment