Thursday, February 11, 2010

She is Here!!!

Little Karis Kathreen Rose came into the world at 1 p.m. February 11, 2010. She weighed 6 lbs. and 15 oz. and was 19 inches even. She is totally healthy so far and she definitely has a good set of lungs on her. So far her favorite things seem to be eating and sleeping, but I am sure that pooping and peeing will be added to the list soon. Laura is doing very well and the c-section went well in general, she feels much better than she did after the last c-section at this point. Laura, myself, and Karis are going to hunker down at the hospital and watch the snow while Caleb spends the night with my dad and Elaine.

This is the best family picture we have so far.
Caleb loves his little sister and wanted to give her a little kiss before he left for the night.

A healthy little girl!

They are cleaning her up just a minute or two after she came out.
The last belly picture in the snow.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, she is so pretty!!!! I tried to get there because I didnt want to wait until Saturday but the snow is crazy!!!!! I will be there as soon as I can, I need to get my hands on her! I love you, and I am so glad you dont have to be preggers anymore!!

Meredith said...

Yay! Congrats on your snow baby!

Whittney said...

Hooray! I love that you are watching the snow while you get to know Karis. She is SWEET!

Tara said...

Hallelujah! Oh, Laura, you are such a beautiful mama to a beautiful baby girl...and on such a beautiful day! Welcome, Karis! Caleb and Marc look so proud! Congrats to you all, can't wait to meet her next month!

Mandi said...

Way to go!!!! What a cute bow on her little hat! And how sweet of Caleb, giving his little sis a kiss. Great pictures - thank you for sharing this moment with us all!!!
- Mandi

Charlene said...

How precious she is - Karis is a beautiful name! Congratulations to all of you!
Charlene

Lyndsey Newton said...

Oh I thought about you all day-what a special day for you and your family! Congratulations--she is so beautiful! I know you feel better!! Love the pics...so precious! Sending love from Henrietta!

Sharon Thornton said...

Laura & Mark, She is amazing! God is so good!