Saturday, February 6, 2010

Toying with my emotions

Sorry, no exciting news of baby Karis' arrival yet. I got a call late last night from my Dr. saying that she had just found out that if we did the amniocentesis Sat. morning they still would not have the results back until Monday morning. I am assuming that because it is not considered an emergency procedure, they do not have the staff etc available to get lab results back in 2 hours like they do during the weekdays.
SO....she scheduled my amniocentesis for this Monday the 8th at 8:30 am and a c-section for noon. I think she feels pretty confident that the results will be good and will show that Karis' lungs are well-developed and mature enough for delivery. If the results show that her lungs are not developed enough, then I guess we will wait until late next week. But I am hoping to meet our sweet baby in 2 days!!!

1 comment:

Whittney said...

Ahh....so sorry! Can't wait to see her Monday.