Karis had her 2 week appointment today. She has grown a whole inch and gained a pound since we left the hospital. She's now 20 inches long and weighs 7 lbs 3 oz. She is beautiful and healthy!
Friday, February 26, 2010
2 weeks go by so quickly
Karis (rhymes with Paris) turned 2 weeks old yesterday. I seriously can't believe it's already been 2 weeks. She is such a joy, so sweet and cuddly and easy-going. I have been so thankful for this. Caleb has had a bit of a hard time adjusting to the changes, and I can't imagine what it would be like if she was high-strung. One of the books I read called this the "spirited baby", which most definitely described Caleb. He wanted to be held all the time, literally cried nearly every time I set him down, and he didn't like to sleep all that much. I think now that I see how things are with Karis I realize just how hard those first few months were with Caleb and how close I was daily to completely falling apart. I daily thank God that this time is easier. Don't get me wrong. Though Caleb was harder I cherish every moment of those early months with him, and I love him and Karis with a fierce kind of love I didn't realize was possible. I LOVE being a mom. I've had some great jobs, but staying at home with my children is absolutely the most rewarding and fulfilling one I've ever had.
Karis had her 2 week appointment today. She has grown a whole inch and gained a pound since we left the hospital. She's now 20 inches long and weighs 7 lbs 3 oz. She is beautiful and healthy!

Caleb loves to say "cheese" for the camera - love this expression! And Karis looks so tiny...

Caleb loves his sister so much. He is constantly wanting to hug and kiss her.




Karis had her 2 week appointment today. She has grown a whole inch and gained a pound since we left the hospital. She's now 20 inches long and weighs 7 lbs 3 oz. She is beautiful and healthy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
She is so beautiful! Congratulations! I am so glad that she is such a "good" baby.
Laura, she is precious! So glad you posted...I've been wondering how you're doing, but I never know when a good time to call you is. Looking forward to being in the same time zone for a while, ha ha! You're a wonderful mama and your babies are beautiful! Love to all.
SOOOO cute!! I am glad she is laid back! Can't wait to see you guys again soon!
Oh, wow! Your story/testimony is such an encouragement because you've been through such hard times, and now you sound like a woman overflowing with joy! I really, really, really enjoyed reading this post!!! :)
I loved holding her this week...she is definitely laid back and super tiny!!!
Oh little Karis....I love you SO much!! You are a tiny little angel and your little squeaks are just magical! Your Mommy has wanted you forever and I know that you bring her so much joy....your are beautiful!
Love~
Aunt Missy
Laura, she is SO CUTE!! Oh my goodness, I have baby fever pretty bad these days.
It's funny how you write about your kiddos. Jason tells me when Jordan and Sophia were babies, Jordan is older also, that they were exactly as you describe your kids. Jordan was more needy, if you will, and Sophia was more easy going. It's funny how older brother, little sister relationships can be!
I am glad everything is going so well, and yes, time flies so fast!
Post a Comment