Monday, February 15, 2010

We're home! We came home yesterday afternoon - was a great Valentine's Day present to be able to take our sweet girl home and for our new family of 4 to all be together at home. Caleb is so sweet with her. He loves to just tell her hi and watch her. We have to be careful because he loves to give her hugs and kisses, but doesn't always understand the concept of being gentle :)
We've also learned that you don't have to tell a toddler that their life has completely changed when they get a new sibling. Last night I was talking to Karis and asking if she was hungry. All of a sudden Caleb just started crying and having a complete meltdown. He just kept saying "mine, mine" over and over. I thought maybe Marc picked up something that Caleb wanted. Finally Caleb walked over to his highchair and through his sobs and tears and desperate claims of "mine" I finally understood that he thought that Karis was going to sit in his highchair to eat! Poor kid. He was so upset b/c he thought I was giving Karis his highchair. We finally calmed him down and explained that the highchair is his and Karis is not going to sit and eat in it. Too funny - it was so hard not to laugh. I'm sure we'll have many more of those moments as Caleb adjusts to the changes.
Anyways, I was so excited - Karis sat in the swing for about 30 minutes last night so that I could eat and take my medicine. She just looked around - perfectly content. I was hoping for this since it's definitely harder w/2 and Caleb was not like this at all. Every time I set him down he just screamed. I'm very thankful that Karis seems pretty laid back so far. I got about 5 hours of sleep last night, which isn't bad - maybe I'll get more tonight :)
Here's a few more pics from the hospital. Nancy aka "Nana" and Stan - such a great pic
My best friends Tanna and Brittany came to visit!
One of my favorite pics of me w/Karis
A great one of Marc and Karis

2 comments:

Tara said...

So glad you are home with your sweet baby girl! I am just so happy for you all, what a blessing she is! You look wonderful, Laura!

Karla said...

Laura, I saw that picture of you and Karis in Tanna's blog and thought it was beautiful. That's definitely one to treasure.